Monday, February 9, 2015

Saucy Sausage Mac and Vegetable Bean Soup




Hi Foodies
Today I was bored and decided I wanted to make a new soup...so I looked in the cupboard and pulled out 4 variety of beans, elbow macaroni, Rotel tomatoes, tomato sauce. Next looked in the freezer, pulling out 12 oz sausage links, frozen green beans, peas, corn.
This is what I did...
Took the sausages and browned and drained, then cut into bite size pieces. Put in crock pot. Turn on to HI. I threw in the frozen green beans, peas, corn 1 small package/bag of each-(again make it your own and add more or less to taste!)
Added Beans:  1 can each, drained and rinsed: Kidney, Cannelli, Black and Navy (or your favorite)
Added 1 can Rotel Tomatoes with green chilies (if you like more tomatoes...add them!)
            1 4 oz can tomato sauce
Added chopped garlic-to taste (1-2 tsp fresh or already minced)
            onions-1 small diced
            Parsley, Basil-2 Tbs each
            2 Tbs of Beef Better than Broth (LOVE this...
                     gives a much better taste then broth in a box or can)
            1/2 cup red wine
            Salt and Pepper to taste
Covered the ingredients with water. Cook on HI. At the 2-3 hour mark I added 2/3 cup elbow macaroni and a large handful of fresh spinach. Cook another hour. Add Salt and pepper again if needed. If you like it spicy, add hot sauce/cayenne etc the last hour and/or use hot Italian sausage.
Serve topped with Parmesan and crusty Italian Bread.


The flavors exploded in my mouth! Very pleased if I say so myself!!
Have fun with this by altering the recipe to suit your tastes!











No comments:

Post a Comment