Saturday, January 26, 2013

Jack Kapp's Macaroni Salad




My friend and former Mayor of Haymarket , Virgina Jack Kapp shared this wonderful recipe of his for Macaroni salad! I am not a fan of Macaroni Salad but this one I LOVE! It is light and not heavy as most are! Hope you all like it as much as I do!

Jack Kapp's Macaroni Salad
– yields 8 cooked cups

4 – 5 hard boiled eggs
1 ½ cups mayo
2/3 cups sour cream
3 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons white wine vinegar (I use a little less)
2 teaspoons mustard
1 bunch green onions, diced
cucumber about 6 inches of an English cucumber, chopped
radishes 6 – 8, chopped
celery 3 – 4 stalks, diced
2 16 oz box of Elbow Macaroni, cooked to al denti

Cook macaroni as directed. Drain and cool. Mix rest of ingredients with the macaroni. Mix thoroughly  Chill til cold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment